Why Gutters Are the Most Important Defense for Your Home
As the leading providers of rain gutters in Redding, CA, we know most homeowners don’t spend a lot of time thinking about their gutters. In fact, they probably don’t think about them at all. But if they only knew how important rain gutters really were, and how their gutter system could save them a lot of headaches and money down the road, they would start thinking about their gutters more often.
After many years of installing and maintaining gutters in Redding, CA, we’re here to help you and other homeowners understand the importance of your gutters. Gutters drive water away from the roof and push it away from your home, which will protect your siding, windows, doors, and foundation from water damage. While that sounds important, many homeowners don’t understand the damage clogged or broken gutters can cause.
When a gutter system isn’t working properly, rainwater can’t run off the roof and will eventually find its way to the home’s foundation. The heavy California rains will create standing pools of water and cause a multitude of other problems.
Why Is a Gutter System So Important to Your Home?
- It prevents your home’s basement from flooding.
- It prevents your foundation from cracks and damage.
- It prevents infestation. A lot of mosquitos and other insects love standing water.
- It prevents mold. Overflowing gutters are the ideal environment for mold to grow. The mold can find its way into crawlspaces and basements.
- It can prevent erosions. Topsoil protects the foundation of your home. If water isn’t properly driven away from your home, then the topsoil will erode, leaving your home exposed.
- It prevents staining to your home’s fascia, wood framing, and soffit. It can also protect your decks, patio, outdoor furniture, walkways, and driveway.
- It can protect your home’s paint.
- It can protect your home from rusting and rotting.
- It can prevent damage to your landscape. Fungi can damage and kill your flowers and gardens.
We know this list might sound a little bit dramatic, but it’s all true. In our years of providing gutter services in Redding, California, we’ve seen every single one of those items on the list. Remember that you don’t have to live in an area that experiences a lot of rain to suffer from clogged or broken gutters. If you live in an area with a lot of trees, all of those falling pine needles, branches, and twigs can clog your gutters in no time. Now, imagine the damage that can cause to your home.
Imagine if you live in an area with a lot of heavy rain storms. We know that you’re thinking about your gutters now, right? There is no need to panic, OrCal Seamless Rain Gutters is here to help you. We can come out and evaluate your gutters because a simple checkup can save you a lot of headaches and money down the road. Your gutters should—or shall we say MUST—be cleaned at least three times a year in this area of California.
So tell us, when was the last time you had your gutters checked? If you’re looking for gutter services in California or Oregon, contact us at 530-410-4395 and ask for a FREE quote today!